Deaf Studies Institute is a foundation (NGO) founded in February 2020. Our main objective is to work in the field of sign language, d/Deaf edication of children, youths and adults, as well as providing expertise in all areas related to deafness and deaf people, their communication and social inclusion.
The Foundation works towards:
1. Cultural, educational and research activities on sign language, d/Deaf education of children, youths and adults, social inclusion.
2. Research, methodological and educational activities involving academia and experts, including d/Deaf people.
3. Creating, developing and supporting positive initiatives related to d/Deaf education in all age groups – early childhood, preschool. school, higher education, professional qualification, life-long learning.
4. Organisation and delivery of specialised courses in SEN teaching, sign language, etc. aimed at professionals, including d/Deaf professionals.
5. Methodological and practical support to government bodies in making informed decisions about policies regarding sign language and d/Deaf education.
6. Promotion and support for fundraising and promotional initiatives for funding of educational and supporting activities of students and graduates in the field of Deaf studies.
7. Delivering independently or in collaboration activities and developing products as a result of research, analysis, consultancy in the field of d/Deaf education.
8. Supporting the social inclusion of d/Deaf people in Bulgaria through quality educational and awareness initiatives.